jose7878 new 150 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd stain it, wow, you did a wonderful job! Can't wait to seet the tank on it!

I'd stain it, wow, you did a wonderful job! Can't wait to seet the tank on it!
Thanx FishGeek.
I've been playing with stain all week I decided to just polyurethane the stand and then glaze it. I think it would look nice. The glazing will bring out the crown molding.

Well today did a little shopping.:):):):)
Picked up 2 pails of coral pro salt , 200lbs of aragonite , 3 sticks of epoxy glue , a new API reef test kit , some loctite super glue for fraging , 3 - 24" super actinic t5 bulbs and 1 - 24" actinic white t5 bulb

img_1845288_0_d3da9174ecaebca3d4023968d415defa.jpg

Now my shopping list only consist of plumbing parts. Trying to convince the wife that I now need a Reefkeeper controller.. LOL

You need her to watch the video they have on BRS. LOL It breaks down all the equipment it does away with adn shows how much you can save. :) According to their numbers you'd save about $300 BUYING it. lol

I have a opertunity to buy a reefkeeper .....
What are the pro's and cons of owning one of these ?
Is it worth my $$$$$$ to invest in it ?

I have a opertunity to buy a reefkeeper .....
What are the pro's and cons of owning one of these ?
Is it worth my $$$$$$ to invest in it ?

I absolutely LOVE my RKE!!!

Which version you get is the only thing you really need to look at. The Lite version limits what you can control where the RKE has few limits and has a lot of options for expansion.

Great looking stand and canopy btw!

Ziggy I was looking at getting the RKE lite . With 2 PC4 temp probe and ph probe SL1 unit.
What I'll be running is
Chiller , heater, t5's , mhl , calcium reactor , calcium controller , 2 mp40 , skimmer , auto topoff Will it be able to handle all that. Will I be able to view the program on my iPhone. .

Ziggy I was looking at getting the RKE lite . With 2 PC4 temp probe and ph probe SL1 unit.
What I'll be running is
Chiller , heater, t5's , mhl , calcium reactor , calcium controller , 2 mp40 , skimmer , auto topoff Will it be able to handle all that. Will I be able to view the program on my iPhone. .

You need to get the ReefKeeper Elite. RKL probably will not do everything you want it to do.

The RKE V2 will run you $350 and comes with 2 PC4s Temp Probe, PH Probe. If you want to connect to the internet/network you will need the network adapter which is another $100 or so.

I don't know what connectivity it has via the iPhone, I haven't gotten that far with mine yet. I would love to hook it up to my iPhone as well.

Alright so scratch the lite and go with the RKE V2

That is my recommendation! I tossed the idea around for some time on getting the Lite vs the RKE and I am so glad I went with the RKE. The ability to expand and add more options is so worth the little extra money.

I got mine from MarineDepot, $350 shipped. I'm ordering an additional PC4 and the MLC module.

You wont regret it believe me!!

Back to to the build I finished the stand its been stained and polyuerthane. Now time to buy plumbing supply. I'm going to build a manifold to supply my calcium reactor , chiller, phosban reactor and anything else I Decicded to add later on down the line.
I do have 1 question I noticed alot of people use spa flex tubing for drain and return hoses. Is their a benifit to using that instead of schedule 40 pipes ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom