Josh's biocube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok i bit the bullet its official im gettin a cube wiith the Sumner job. money mts has sunk its deep teeth into me. so my first cocern is finding one cheep will i need a stand for one? also where can i find a cheap one im aiming for a 29 or 18g cube

It's still 249 at pet solutions for the 29g. I would recommend the stand as well, so add another 119. :-(

This will be a cool thread! When do you start working?

i have an orientation next Tuesday so may 31st i start working end june beginning of july. i saw some cheap ones on ebay but its tank only new in box but no stand

I'd be really careful buying used though. Remember I got burned? You could also go for the 14g one too, i think its 169 and the stand is only like 99. I love the biocube stand, really sturdy and a TON of strorage area.

carey said:
I'd be really careful buying used though. Remember I got burned? You could also go for the 14g one too, i think its 169 and the stand is only like 99. I love the biocube stand, really sturdy and a TON of strorage area.

iknow so much cheaper but some people said after fill up it only holds 8g of water i really want this laptop thats 379.99 and this cube il prob make around 700-800 range wht do i do?

Thats up to you. The laptop would probably be a good investment though. You could use it for school too.

Don't let that thread about it holding less water throw you off. If it is off it's only by a marginal amount. You could also get a 29g regular tank setup. I used a tank, stand and ac filter, heater and I was set. You won't need a skimmer for a small tank if you dont have the money. :)

carey said:
Thats up to you. The laptop would probably be a good investment though. You could use it for school too.

Don't let that thread about it holding less water throw you off. If it is off it's only by a marginal amount. You could also get a 29g regular tank setup. I used a tank, stand and ac filter, heater and I was set. You won't need a skimmer for a small tank if you dont have the money. :)

the laptop is a definiate the tank budget is working around it lol im sticking with the cube i love the shape of it i want the 29 for clowns n gobies or something cool

I totally understand. ;-) I love my cube. Little hard to clean the edges though lol. never had a rounded edge tank before.

I started a new thread, go check out what I wanna get!

It will be bigger so yeah, you could have more stocking options but not as many as in the 29g.

Doesn't idream have a 14g? Check and see what he thinks..see if he would prefer the 29g now that he knows how the 14g is

Carey on the site i see no stand options but the 29s 249.99 is that including stand? theres no option to buy it seperatly

I bought mine separetly. it was much cheaper that way. I had my lfs order it for me and it was 119. for the 29g stand. I;ve seen the 14g stand everywhere though

look on the site is there an option i missed? it shows dimensions for both so im assuming that price is stand and tank? if it is its in my price range and the 14 would be well withiin my range

If your on petsoltuons webpage they price is for tank only. stand is extra and I dont think they carry the 29g stand. :-(

I'd ask at your fish store next time youre there. I didnt think it was gonna be cheaper but it was. I can also find you the stand cheap online if you like,. :-D

Back
Top Bottom