Josh's journey into planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I'm not sure... That was a guess lol. I've had 6 fish knocked out in 6 hrs before too. It turns out it was a rapidly spreading fungus. My black skirt tetra was the only one that lived :( maybe that's what got them? the added stress of the new digs, along with the fact they're petsmart fish, could all have exposed them to that type of thing. I know mine was because of bad water quality, which caused stress, but as you have perfect parameters, and did a safe acclimation, I'm guessing either the stress exposed them to something beyond your control (they probably had it in the store, but just hadn't shown symptoms yet) or it was simply bad stock. :) (wow... I need to talk things out more often!!!)

lol i want more fish what should i do? and after a total of roughly 150% pwc my ammo is .25 iknow its semi dangerous but the bacteria should eat it up fast

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
lol i want more fish what should i do? and after a total of roughly 150% pwc my ammo is .25 iknow its semi dangerous but the bacteria should eat it up fast

Yeah, no more PWC lol. Wait a week or so then try again... Maybe with a different species, or try again when they have different stock. :)

il have to ask when they get shipments in next week im working at a petstore and maybe thell have fish and il get a discount. but to be honest ive been debating putting a betta in there but a whole 15 just for a betta seems to large

Which day does your petsmart get their weekly fish order? Mine's Thursday. I wait until Wednesday to buy fish. The bad of the batch most likely will die and what remains the day before the new order arrives are the hardier ones.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
il have to ask when they get shipments in next week im working at a petstore and maybe thell have fish and il get a discount. but to be honest ive been debating putting a betta in there but a whole 15 just for a betta seems to large

I promise you... Once (s)he's in there, you won't believe it's big enough lol.

i need to call them tomorrow even though i dobut thell know my petsmart is run by people who dont care and just sit there and stare blankly into the lights

Homedog98 said:
I promise you... Once (s)he's in there, you won't believe it's big enough lol.

lol you think it's worth it betta in a 15 with some snails and maybe il fill out my neons ( i like black neons that there carrying now there über cool)

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
lol you think it's worth it betta in a 15 with some snails and maybe il fill out my neons ( i like black neons that there carrying now there über cool)

I like that idea! You could go maybe 8 neons, a betta, and some snails no prob! Just walk by the bettas at petsmart lol... They call to you! I swear!!! Lol.

Homedog98 said:
I like that idea! You could go maybe 8 neons, a betta, and some snails no prob! Just walk by the bettas at petsmart lol... They call to you! I swear!!! Lol.

they do but i feel bad because its now $7 for a betta that is possibly very ill they have blue red purple and maybe a white one what would look best

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
they do but i feel bad because its now $7 for a betta that is possibly very ill they have blue red purple and maybe a white one what would look best

Whichever one suits you! (I'd go white and purple...) when picking, just look for an active one. Look for one that's not overly fat, but not overly sunken. Smaller is also better, since the younger they are, the less likely they are to be sick, and the more likely they are to be friendly. :)

Back
Top Bottom