julii cory head injury and swimming sideways!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
so my julii cory got smushed under a rock when i put it in there, and i have no light on this tank so couldnt see it. but today i put my 29 gallon light over it so i could check and i couldnt find one so i picked up the rock and it was there. it is swimming sideways and has a big red spot on half of it's face. is there anything i can do for it? im adding melafix but i know i cant add salt to help. is there a chance of it living or will it die?:thanks:

i know i've lost 2 fish this week!!!!!!! but luckily petco is getting new stock in today so ill get fresh healthy fish (ie a cory and 2 columbian tetras)

allaboutfish said:
i know i've lost 2 fish this week!!!!!!! but luckily petco is getting new stock in today so ill get fresh healthy fish (ie a cory and 2 columbian tetras)

I would wait, 2 tank changes can be majorly steessful. Before I buy I let them settle in for a few days.

well i have to return the cory before it starts stinking. so would a day of settling in be ok?

allaboutfish said:
well i have to return the cory before it starts stinking. so would a day of settling in be ok?

I guess ill settle for that, its better then nothing. : p I normally put the body in a ziploc baggie and put it in a brown paper bags and take it back and its usually a few days until I get the chance

Back
Top Bottom