Jumpers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mickeyrom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have only three species in my 40 gallon breeder. Neon Tetras, guppies and Cories. Are any of those know to be jumpers, as in jumping out of the tank?:fish2:

I don't think they would jump unless the tank had horibble water parameters or something is intimidating outside. In my experience haven't really seen these species jump especially the corries

Remember any fish will jump if the ammonia / nitrate levels get to high. You will usually see the gulping up at the top of the tank first.

(Yep, 20 years in the hobby coming back to me nearly 20 years later).

I have only three species in my 40 gallon breeder. Neon Tetras, guppies and Cories. Are any of those know to be jumpers, as in jumping out of the tank?:fish2:

Nah, although I did once long ago find a Cardinal Tetra swimming in my HOB filter, wondering where everyone else had gone. :lol:

As the others have said, none of those fish are known jumpers, unless your water quality is truly awful, or they're suddenly startled.

I've kept guppies for a year now and only had one jump and sadly die.

He was an odd ball though and never swam with the other guppies and did his own thing. The other six i have haven't done any jumping though ☺

As for neons, I've only had mine a few weeks but they haven't done any jumping, they hang out at the bottom of the tank and stay clear of the mid to top of the tank so no risk there ?

Sent from my E2306 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom