Jungle Val Not Doing So Well!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brunettebaby4571

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I got 3 plants of jungle val a while back and at first it looked pretty pitiful then out of no where it started growing like crazy and I went from 3 plants to 13 in a few weeks. Two or three days ago I changed the water as usual and now the plants are turning a pinkish/red/see throughish color at the base and then dying off very quickly and just falling off! I have leaves coming off everywhere?! What on earth is going on and what can I do to fix it? Thank you so much for any help!

What else is in the tank besides the vals, and how do they look?

What are your nitrate levels at?

What kind of lighting do you have?

Are you dosing any fertilizer or excel (or other C addition)?

I have crypts, some ludwigia, two swords, rotala indica, cabomba, frogbit, and some java fern...everything is doing great except the vals and ludwigia (which I have tried a few times and it always dies not sure why)...Im not sure what the nitrate levels are right now I havent checked in a while. I only have a betta in the 40 gallon tank at the moment and the lighting is t5 ho double bulbs one is a plant bulb and the other is called super daylight or something of that nature and at the moment I am not dosing any ferts or any co2.

Back
Top Bottom