Jungle val

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dantheburlyman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was curious if there is a such thing to maybe divide roots in gravel or make plants grow a certain way like jungle Val for example it grows shoots and I want some to direct it a certain way any suggestions would be helpful if I don’t make any sense let me know I will try to explain further :) thanks in advance

Like the flow of water? Help me understand

Yes, direct the filter outlet/circulation pump and plant the vals underneath it, let them grow up into the flow of water and they will "fold" over and move into the current. I'll attach a pic of my Helanthium bolivianum 'angustifolius'for reference as to what you could expect.

Attachments

• fish 30 23.JPG
    fish 30 23.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 68
Okay never thought of doing that I have my circulation pump at the top right of the aquarium in the back it’s a 55 gallon rectangle my pump blows it to the left side obviously but I have one growing towards it haha

I am trying to get it to grow across the whole back of the tank

For directing the runners there isn't much you can do. Just cut off any that aren't growing in the right direction and plant where you want. If they are spreading in the direction you want, great leave them be.

Okay thanks for your help I have been just letting them grow how they want and then replanting them

Back
Top Bottom