just a little bit about me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kingcrab

Aquarium Advice Regular
new member here but not new to the wonderfull world of aquariums. there was always a fish tank in my home when i was growing up,and i have had my fair share of them when i left home.my last tank was 6 years ago and it was a 125 gallon with a fluval 404 i believe. i never lost a fish and never had any problems with my water. i recall having multiple fish in it wich included, flounder,snake head puffer,eel snails.cichlids also..a bunch of colorfull fish also,,and i did go down to the local river in the spring an cast netted some baby fish wich turned out to be a few blue gills and small mouth bass, wich i put in my tank...when i started this tank all the fish in it were reletively small...1 inch to 2 inch..so i was able to house them all together at the same time and had plenty of food for them. i was amazed how they grew and i rarely lost a fish from the eel or the snake headed eating them. there was a little territorial chasing. when all these fish were about 6 inches ....anyway i did sell some of the blue gills to some people who wanted one..they were pretty cool to watch them grow and get all there colors....after 2 years of having that tank my wife and i split up and i sold everything.....soooo...here i am a few years later and a friend of mine just gave me a 75 gallon tank 2 days ago...i will be buying a stand and filter and all that good stuff in the weeks to come. im looking forward to exchanging pros and cons,as well as pics and info.....thanks guys :thanks:

Cool that sounds great that you're getting back into the hobby! Welcome aboard!

Back
Top Bottom