Just bought a house!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's been a few weeks since I've been on here sorry lol. And I've become a home owner!!!! I'm only 23 but it's a check on my dream list. The house is only a 2 bedroom but it will work for now. And I'm single so it'll work for me. I can move my 2 current tanks and set up my remaining tank that I have currently in the garage due to lack of room. The idea of a pond in the backyard is looking nice but now I have a house payment and even more bills to pay:/ why must there always be a problem??!

Congratz. Buying a new house made me have less time for my tanks. I went from having 5-6 tanks in an apartment to have 1 tank in a big house, plus a bunch of other responsibilities of getting older. Bills is only the beginning :)

Congrats!! I'm only 23 too and it seems like buying a house for me is a dream in the far off future for me. I'm so jealous, you have no idea! LOL
Goodluck with the move! and I'm sure you can figure out a way to get your Koi pond in soon enough! Hopefully in time for next summer :)

Wow, that sounds... fun?

I am 29, but I live on the west coast and have seen the bubble at its most extreme, my ex worked in Real Estate for 10 years... Good LUCK! I will never ever buy a house, or have kids or anything else that will last over 15-16 years, I am a free bird baby!

But if you got a well built home with a manageable mortgage and a job you won't be laid off from(do those still exist?) then I say good for you! It can be done, my mom did it, but my generation of Californians are S_O_L. I would rather rent and go around the world a couple times before I die..

(okay sorry to be Miss Reality check.... Insurance many types too many to list, utilities, property taxes, engagement ring and wedding costs, divorce costs, medical and dental procedures, getting sued, rising Insurance, adjustable rate mortgages... Eventually therapy, xanax and prozac...)

I mean... Woohoo!! what color is the house?

Wow, that sounds... fun?

I am 29, but I live on the west coast and have seen the bubble at its most extreme, my ex worked in Real Estate for 10 years... Good LUCK! I will never ever buy a house, or have kids or anything else that will last over 15-16 years, I am a free bird baby!

But if you got a well built home with a manageable mortgage and a job you won't be laid off from(do those still exist?) then I say good for you! It can be done, my mom did it, but my generation of Californians are S_O_L. I would rather rent and go around the world a couple times before I die..

(okay sorry to be Miss Reality check.... Insurance many types too many to list, utilities, property taxes, engagement ring and wedding costs, divorce costs, medical and dental procedures, getting sued, rising Insurance, adjustable rate mortgages... Eventually therapy, xanax and prozac...)

You haven't jumped into the Pacific limbs bound yet have you? Lol geez

I would like to point out the housing market is a different animal where I live, I am sure the OP made a wise decision... Sorry I was pessimistic!

(part of why I still rent on the coast is so I can jump in and longboard amongst the sea otters, it's a big part of why I am bitter I cannot afford a family here!)

Wow, that sounds... fun?

Thanks and the whole getting married/having kids thing scares the heck out of me. I've been in some bad relationships before, so the whole 'putting my trust in somebody' thing is pretty damaged right now. But IF the right person does come along, well will have to see. But I'm happy being single. And the house has neutral cream siding. But I could care less about the color.

Congrats on your new home! You are still young so don't you worry 'bout a thing right now....forget getting married, kids etc. for now. If the right one does come around just make sure you "catch him" & don't let your bad relationships of the past cloud your future. Marsh is just on the wrong coast as the east is the best coast. :D

Thanks and the whole getting married/having kids thing scares the heck out of me. I've been in some bad relationships before, so the whole 'putting my trust in somebody' thing is pretty damaged right now. But IF the right person does come along, well will have to see. But I'm happy being single. And the house has neutral cream siding. But I could care less about the color.

Amen, I am glad you saw through to the main message lol. Yes, I just had a very long relationship go south. You have to do what's right for you! I have just been feeling the pain of so many peers currently facing foreclosures with children and so much on their plates that I am scalded by the experience!

You must have plenty of self-motivation and a good sense of your goals to be well on your way to checking off dreams, I support independence and limitless imagination so I am very sincere when I give you my congratulations. (y)(y):flowers:

I have roots in Buffalo, Bath, Queens, D.C., New Orleans and Charlotte... Never set a foot in Florida, I'm sure I could afford a house there so maybe I will come visit (after my frog becomes a prince of course!)

Wow, that sounds... fun?

I like the way you think. Wish I'd realized this at your age. :/

And also WOO HOO! (seriously, good job)

Thank you everyone so far. The house inspection will be sometime next week, I'm excited but a little nervous.

Tetra1990...The seller wouldnt let you do a preinspection before the buy?

after my frog becomes a prince of course!

Oh, no....lol! Life lesson #101....blah! Yes, that frog will be a prince.... :angel:

Back
Top Bottom