Just bought Zoo Polyps, What to do about Chocolate Chip Star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

I just went to the LFS and bought some Zoo Polyp's, I didn't think about it untill I got home, but I also have a Chocolate Chip Starfish.

I know Chocolate Chip Starfish arn't reef safe, but what exactly makes them not reef safe?

Will he hurt my new Zoo Polyp's? I can take him back to the LFS but that wont be able to happen untill late tomarrow, If he does eat zoo polyps, do you think he would do it in the next 24/48 hours?

He doesn't usually move around too much over a day or 2..

Thanks,

-TheChad

I wonder how long it would take him to find them... He mostly sticks to the glass...

I wonder if I put the starfish in the overflow if he'd be good there for 24/48 hours untill I can take him back to the LFS...

-TheChad

I agree. He'll munch on your zoo polyps. Do you have any sort of breeder net or permeable container you can put the zoos in until tommorow? I don't know how well the star would be in an overflow, to be honest.

Agreed that you need to get rid of him. He will destroy your polyps or any other soft corals you have.

I took "Cookie" back to the LFS today. I was sad to see him go, but Right away he started crusing the LFS tank, so hopefully he's happy.

Onto the Reef..

-TheChad

Take advice from someone who knows. Put the starfish in your sump!!!!
I had all these beautiful corals on my live rock and the starfish killed them all
He know lives in my sump with his buddy the crab

Back
Top Bottom