just getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hatties55reeftank

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey guys my name is steve and this is my first saltwater tank. ive always enjoyed taking on new hobbies and challenges and i know a saltwater tank will provide both for me.ive always been a lover of tropical fish and how beautiful they are. i have a 55gal, started with 60lbs of live sand and right now have about 25-30lbs of live rock also. im using a marineland bio wheel filter, fully submerged heater set at 77degrees, just installed one flowjet powerhead yesterday for water movement. I added a couple puruchlea clowns(bonnie and clyde) yesterday im a week in and for now thats all i have. im not planning on adding anymore fish for at least a couple weeks. my goal is a modest reef environment with about 5 or 6 small to med fish. Butterflies are my fave so will want a couple of those as well as a hippo tang down the road. i also picked this hobby to learn to be patient, i love animals so the last thing i would ever want is to hurt one of these beautiful creatures. im very excited to learn all i can and look forward to talking to my fellow saltwater collegues(mispelled that im sure). tx for the welcome

Back
Top Bottom