just got a new puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darby

Aquarium Advice Activist
bought it out a freshwater tank, and i am wondering what the proper sg should be at in his own tank befor i put him in it. right now it is at about 1.001- 1.003 according to my hydrometer.

Ok just so u know there are actually freshwater puffers, so post a picture so we can see. Do you know what species or anything about it?

it is a gsp. i know they are fw when they are young, and gradually be acclimated to bw. it is about 1.5"- 2" long. not sure on the age, and i know they don't like drastic changes to water conditions.

Bad pic, i know but that is what my hydrometer is at.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120911_202851.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120911_202851.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 55
Ditch the hydrometer and get a refractometer. The hydrometer are inaccurate for brackish water IMO.

What size tank do you currently have him in? Any tankmates?

it is in a 30g fw tank.
6 red eye tetras
5 zebra danios
4 emerald corys
1 dinosaur bichir

i want to mave it to a 10g bw tank for a bit. and then its own 30g bw tank.

Set up a marine tank to save yourself the trouble of slowly acclimating a tank from freshwater to marine water. Its really a hassle.

Once the saltwater tank is cycled, then drip acclimate your gsp to marine water.

edit: also +1 your other fish are not suppose to be in brackish water.

i bought the gsp from a fw tank. my 30g is a fwtank. i want to get my gsp in to bw slowly.

Back
Top Bottom