Just Not My Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vatilla

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello there. Today has been quite the crappy day for me. Last night I found out my Betta Pigg has fin rot (he is being treated, I have it all figured out), then my snail seems ill (he is fine now, he was just stuck under some rocks which have been removed), then Pigg looked close to death after I moved him. A while ago I put a cloth over my 10g tank so Pigg couldn't see it from his QT. It melted the hood -_- Now I'm sitting here with two tanks with no lids, a snail who thinks it's Harry Houdini, no way to test my waters until tomorrow, and no medications for Pigg until tomorrow. Does anyone know how to fix my hood? The plastic is indented over where the lights are and I'm afraid to touch it right now.

I am sorry for you

How did the hood melt exactly? I think its a little unclear. Perhaps a pic might help? Did you unplug the hood before putting the towel on it? Why put the towel on it?

Hello there. Today has been quite the crappy day for me. Last night I found out my Betta Pigg has fin rot (he is being treated, I have it all figured out), then my snail seems ill (he is fine now, he was just stuck under some rocks which have been removed), then Pigg looked close to death after I moved him. A while ago I put a cloth over my 10g tank so Pigg couldn't see it from his QT. It melted the hood -_- Now I'm sitting here with two tanks with no lids, a snail who thinks it's Harry Houdini, no way to test my waters until tomorrow, and no medications for Pigg until tomorrow. Does anyone know how to fix my hood? The plastic is indented over where the lights are and I'm afraid to touch it right now.

I agree y don't you post a pic...

I had the light on and put the towel over so that my Betta in the QT couldn't see in there because before I put it on he was freaking out and trying to get back over there. No, I didn't unplug it and I feel like a complete idiot. I can't get a pic right now, but the lights work fine and there are no issues with it- just that it's dented at the front. I had it on the 10g because my QT doesn't have a proper lid (I found a substitute for now) and the towel is now over the QT. If you have any idea on how to get plastic back to it's proper shape, that's what I'm looking for now.

I would leave the hood as is, there are a few ways but dangerous and the average human might not want to tread there. In order to remold you have to have the mold and heat source to warp it back. But you could over heat it and burn a hole and plastic makes noxious fumes too. If its usable, leave it be. Don't beat yourself up. just be careful you could have burnt down the house!

Back
Top Bottom