Just scaped my sea clear 50 gallon :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheDude

Aquarium Advice Activist
Finally got to put my tank together today! Gonna start planting in about a week :) Let me know what you all think.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1483423662562.jpg
    1483423662562.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 1483423695037.jpg
    1483423695037.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 108
Yeah looks like a creepy scene from Pirates of the Caribbean. Very well thought out scape and definitely following.

I'd be lost on what to plant in this tank that would not detract from the hardscape. Definitely following.

Excellent. Whats going in it besides water?

As far as plants go, I want to put it some sort of rotala in the back right and left to have a red color background. I was thinking some S. repens in the center in between the rock and driftwood, and some sort of other carpeting plant around the edges of the rock and white sand. maybe dwarf rotala instead of the S. repens. But im still planning patiently.

As far as fish go, I was thinking of putting a pair of Black angels with some neon tetra and cories, or just keep it simple with inverts, some corys and tetra schools. I dont want too be close to full stock. I'll keep you all posted :)

Will the sand "stream" remain unplanted?
You could plant staur repens on the black substrate along the Banks of the stream.

Will the sand "stream" remain unplanted?
You could plant staur repens on the black substrate along the Banks of the stream.

Yeah I plan on keeping the white sand unplanted. I'm conflicted between S. repens or baby tears

Back
Top Bottom