Just some quick advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all! So I have a client that want an aquarium cause he suffers from ptsd and aquariums calm his "nerves" as he says. He is in an apartment built in 1917 on the third floor. His landlord said he can have an aquarium. So he got a 50 gallon with a stand that spans the length of the tank. His wife says it's going to be too much weight and going to go through the floor. Any advice on what I can tell her to ease her mind that a 50 gallon is not going to go through the floor from the weight lol.

Tell her its less than 500lbs. Stuff was built just fine back then if not better than now. It would also help to put the tank on a support beam if you can. But against a wall would be fine.

Tell her a couch, her, and her husband probably weigh just as much as the tank and they dont fall through the floor when they sit down.

I had my 55 reef sitting on a floor that had been chewed up by wood boring beetles prior to my time there. Had 0 issues.
Even if there could be an issue, as long as the tank is going across the floor joist there won't be any issue anyway.

Back
Top Bottom