Just starting (again) 25 gallon tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeni525

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello my name is Jeni my husband and I are starting a tank (again) it's been a few years and we're doing everything right this time. The tank is just about done cycling and just in case we did add quick start. It is a 25 gallon tank and I do have a heater set at 74°. I want to have fish that aren't too difficult to maintain but I don't want to bland of fish either if that makes sense. We definitely want 3-4 cories.. saw awesome albino ones, and my husband really likes silver dollars and Angel fish. What would go well with those? And how many? Any information is greatly appreciated!! [emoji1] [emoji1]

Hello my name is Jeni my husband and I are starting a tank (again) it's been a few years and we're doing everything right this time. The tank is just about done cycling and just in case we did add quick start. It is a 25 gallon tank and I do have a heater set at 74°. I want to have fish that aren't too difficult to maintain but I don't want to bland of fish either if that makes sense. We definitely want 3-4 cories.. saw awesome albino ones, and my husband really likes silver dollars and Angel fish. What would go well with those? And how many? Any information is greatly appreciated!! [emoji1] [emoji1]

Both silver dollars and angels get big and 25 gallons is a bit small even for two silver dollars or two angels. I'd suggest danios or tetras or barbs - a group of at least six. That way you can add, say, a dozen danios without crowding the tank. Some are colorful and most are easy to maintain. I'd set the heater at 75-78, though. I don't think any tetras are too bland.

Back
Top Bottom