Just wanted to show my 55 gal community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgriffiths6969

Aquarium Advice Newbie
3 Oscars a green terror some African chicls angel fish an one gold fish

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1412969917644.jpg
    1412969917644.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 1412969933397.jpg
    1412969933397.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 1412969944867.jpg
    1412969944867.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 1412969994345.jpg
    1412969994345.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 166
Wow.....that it one seriously overstocked tank.

I like your green terror.

I'm looking for a bigger tank

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welp. It's certainly over stocked, but.. fish look great and it's nice and clean so.... a pair of oscars in a 75 is pushing it by all accounts on here. That goldfish was supposed to be dinner huh;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi,
Great tank and oscars are awesome! However SA cichlids and Africans don't mix especially well, same with angels. Goldfish are cold water fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So far as I can see it's not fitting into any of those fishes mouths.

I think it can fit In the oscar's mouth, and it would be pointless to have the goldfish in there otherwise

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Okay..... When that Oscar eats the goldfish let me know. ;)

Why do people get on here and immediately have to be negative about someone else's tank or tanks. This guy didn't ask if his tank was overstocked he simply wanted to show off his tank. And as far as I can tell fish look happy and healthy and not stressed. Please keep your negative comments to yourself unless asked

Why do people get on here and immediately have to be negative about someone else's tank or tanks. This guy didn't ask if his tank was overstocked he simply wanted to show off his tank. And as far as I can tell fish look happy and healthy and not stressed. Please keep your negative comments to yourself unless asked

Cause we just want to help everybody enjoy the hobby responsibly? Like, looking out for the health of fish and knowing the background of species, knowing there prefered type of water chemistry such ph, temp, ak, mg, etc.

We're looking to help educate people on the proper care, we're not being harsh, we are trying to be helpful, cause everything stated here is a fact. We look at fish keeping in the long run, the health of the fish years for now.

And I do understand this I have four oscars myself and have had them for yeaes. Love the fish. And I love getting advice and still need a lot of it. Just seems to me that negative advice especially unsolicited could come a cross wrong. I wasn't myself trying to be rude and I apologize if I was.I have run I to A LOT of people who just seem to want to try and tell anyone and everyone what they should or should t be doing just kinda always rubs me wrong.

Such as goldfish are cold water fish and huge waste producers. This one looks to be a comet which gets over a foot long and lives over 20+ years I believe

The fact that oscars are new world cichlids and have widely diffrent preferes parms then old world. Not to mention the fact they also get big. Like a 55 might pass for one oscar by itself. Let alone three these are at risk for hole in head disease also, since you have such big waste producers and that the main cause of that is poor water quality/ poor food. And if that gold fish was a feeder at one point, poor food is very likely as most feeders are riddled with parasites/ fat.
Angel fish are the more delicate of these new world cichlids and can form a pair. Pairs at absulte bullies for the most part and can bully the other one to death. Not to mention that they are at risk for infection from possible fin tearing.

African are complete in left field here, they prefer harder

And I do understand this I have four oscars myself and have had them for yeaes. Love the fish. And I love getting advice and still need a lot of it. Just seems to me that negative advice especially unsolicited could come a cross wrong. I wasn't myself trying to be rude and I apologize if I was.I have run I to A LOT of people who just seem to want to try and tell anyone and everyone what they should or should t be doing just kinda always rubs me wrong.

Oh okay, I understand. I also get what you mean, a lot of people act like they never made mistakes in this hobby. I'll be the first to admit that I would of screwed up very badly of it wasn't for the helpful advice of a pet store employ from 10 years ago (I tried to buy a ghost knife for a 10g, I was so misinformed then lol)

The key to this hobby is information truly, I will admit that I come off as brash though but I'm always willing to help people learn about this hobby. It's so underrated, so many people feel like fish are just living decorations.

Agreed information is the key I have lost a few to misinformation over the years and in would love for the LFS that was here when I got into fish 20 years ago to still be around but sadly it isn't. I'm sorry for my rant and coming off rude was not my intent. Glad we could understand one another good talking keep up the good adcice. Mad you are correct fish are not just living decor. But pets

Back
Top Bottom