Juvie BN pleco not eating???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kuhli Loach

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so I got a very small BN pleco at my LFS on Sat. And all he is doing is sticking to the walls. I put a algae wafer in there and he hasn't touched it (as far as I know)... Ammonia 0 Nitrates and Nitrites 0

Ok, so I got a very small BN pleco at my LFS on Sat. And all he is doing is sticking to the walls. I put a algae wafer in there and he hasn't touched it (as far as I know)... Ammonia 0 Nitrates and Nitrites 0

Maybe he just hasn't noticed it yet. How long has it been in there?

Maybe he is shy and is still adjusting. Also, maybe he isn't used to algae wafers or else doesn't like them. Does your glass have any algae for him?

Maybe he is shy and is still adjusting. Also, maybe he isn't used to algae wafers or else doesn't like them. Does your glass have any algae for him?
Not that I can see, but there are PLENTY of fallen flakes and baby shrimp...

Well, maybe he is eating something those things. Or, maybe he just needs time to adjust. I wouldn't worry about it yet, but keep us posted. :)
BTW, just out of curiousity, where did your nitrates go? They should be present in a cycled tank.

Well, maybe he is eating something those things. Or, maybe he just needs time to adjust. I wouldn't worry about it yet, but keep us posted. :)
BTW, just out of curiousity, where did your nitrates go? They should be present in a cycled tank.

Alright, my testing kit isnt top notch so it changes sometimes

Alright, my testing kit isnt top notch so it changes sometimes
OK. That makes sense. In that case though, I caution you that maybe your water quality is a bit off. I am not saying it is, just that you never know if you have a sub-par kit. So, since you have a fish who isn't eating, it may be worth it to invest in a better kit to make sure. :)
My advice is the same though, give him a few days, he could be still adjusting. They also tend to do things at night, so maybe he is eating things when you don't see him.

OK. That makes sense. In that case though, I caution you that maybe your water quality is a bit off. I am not saying it is, just that you never know if you have a sub-par kit. So, since you have a fish who isn't eating, it may be worth it to invest in a better kit to make sure. :)
My advice is the same though, give him a few days, he could be still adjusting. They also tend to do things at night, so maybe he is eating things when you don't see him.

I'll pick up a better one tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom