jwh0818's 210g tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could do some of these, with some of these and maybe a handful of these or these

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1453404490404.jpg
    1453404490404.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 1453404516740.jpg
    1453404516740.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 1453404583563.jpg
    1453404583563.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 1453404599100.jpg
    1453404599100.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 104
What's the 2nd pic? Rams? German or Bolivian?

I like all those but they don't get the size I'm looking for!

They're bolivians, the electric blue acara get up there. Maybe Africans will be best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I thought about south and central American but the color just isn't there like Africans! The size is but it has to be a busy tank

Some of my local stores have different Vieja. You may have to order them and grow them out. Or try aquabid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some of my local stores have different Vieja. You may have to order them and grow them out. Or try aquabid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I saw that they get up to 14". What are some tank mates for them? I don't think I'd try a breeding pair. Maybe a single one

Depends on what you go with. I think the Trimac will have to be alone. some of the others you may get away with a couple smaller centrals. or try some colorful dithers.

Depends on what you go with. I think the Trimac will have to be alone. some of the others you may get away with a couple smaller centrals. or try some colorful dithers.

Maybe I won't do that. The activity level has to be kind of high. I'm really liking some catfish I'm seeing. Some of the smaller species of course

Pictus cats are awesome. So are anchor cats, farlowella and others.

Pictus are schooling cats or no? If no, what are some schooling cats that aren't easy pickins if they have a favorably larger tank mate

Pictus are schooling cats or no? If no, what are some schooling cats that aren't easy pickins if they have a favorably larger tank mate

Don't know much about them, you could keep a lot in this size tank and they will group together. I'd say 6 or 7 at least.

Don't know much about them, you could keep a lot in this size tank and they will group together. I'd say 6 or 7 at least.

Yeah they only get 5" average from what I read. Maybe a catfish that gets a bit bigger! I like pictus but they could become a snack by mistake!

Featherfin Cats aren't social per se, but they will defend themselves.

You can keep more than one if they have separate hiding spots.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=121

But I haven't kept Africans, but I've sold plenty.

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feather fins do great with Africans. Fins get picked at sometimes but none the less great! I think they get a good size too. Was looking for something that reached about 8 to 10"

Hey jwh! Sorry im late, haven't seen you around these parts in a while! This tank sounds sick, I love big African tanks done right. Cant wait to see it!

Hey jwh! Sorry im late, haven't seen you around these parts in a while! This tank sounds sick, I love big African tanks done right. Cant wait to see it!

I'm a highly indecisive person so it's a vote on Africans or a nice south American tank right now! Yeah I've been fairly inactive for almost 2 years so it was about time I jumped back in! May hold a vote here once I pick out specific stock for each one. Obviously if I go SA then it's an Oscar for sure. African then I have to have cynotilapia Afra lions cove for sure.

Scratch the 125g tank. Found a 210g tank stand canopy filters rocks and all for 450$. Man did I get lucky!

Ordered the return pump, heater, wave makers, and thermometers. Going with a jebao 12000 and gonna run 2 eshopp 1800 overflows.

I am picking the tank up this weekend and it's a 7'x2'x2' tank!

Back
Top Bottom