Kaudern's Cardinal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scuba_steve

Aquarium Advice Addict
just got one of these guys its in a 90 gallon but only swims in like 1/2 gallon area right in the middle of the tank 3" from bottom !! is this normal ? i thought they were a bit more active ?? was gonna pick up like two more just to see if i get some movement from em' !! at least chase each other around something hehehe bang guy prob has the right answer to this !! how many can get along together in a 90 ??

its eating fine and looks great but doesnt do anything

i heard tha if you have a group of them they will establish a "pecking order" but with out too much agression supposed to be pretty cool to watch!

possum said:
i heard tha if you have a group of them they will establish a "pecking order" but with out too much agression supposed to be pretty cool to watch!
Be sure if you do this it is with only one male and a "harem" of females or be prepared to return some when you identify the males. The males will actually fight to the death and will even attack their own reflections.

You might find this article interesting:
Captive care and Breeding of the Banggai cardinal fish "Pteragon kauderni"

Cheers
Steve

after a little research i found that you are right steve-s......thats the last time i get advice from liveaquaria :oops:

possum said:
thats the last time i get advice from liveaquaria :oops:
I would actually never suggest using these kinds of places for any real info. They can be a good picture reference or very basic general info but that's about it...

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
possum said:
thats the last time i get advice from liveaquaria :oops:
I would actually never suggest using these kinds of places for any real info. They can be a good picture reference or very basic general info but that's about it...

Cheers
Steve

I've been learning that too but it's just so hard to find good info sometime. I don't even konw where to begin to look for some stuff.

hummmm now i kinda worried about this fella !! after reading the link ya gave me it says they can and will eat shrimp !! thought they were reef safe heheh my cleaner shrimp seam a bit big and to fast for him to catch imo or is it more likly to catch camel shrimp smaller ones like that ??

As long as the cardinals are properly fed I do not think it will be a concern unless the shrimp are quite small. Cleaner shrimp are normally recognized by fish for what they are and often left alone by many that would normally consider them a meal. Camel shrimp are pretty good at "duck and cover" if chased as well :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom