Keep your fingers out of the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudfrog

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is the mug shot of the wolf fish who's video I posted in the showoff forum. This guy is a little over 12" and yes he has a temper, you can see how he flares when I get the camera near him.

img_1058665_0_aeed67060e8e86f80f66fac6ce23ca76.jpg

img_1058665_1_fce648c7b35dea866bc259e89184e0af.jpg

DOH! Your fish scares the crap outta me lol! And no, I would NEVER put my fingers in that tank! But I do like your tank, looks good!

so i guess my question is... Do you put your fingers in the tank? Cause i sure wouldnt lol. That thing looks like a mad pit bull with gills!

Yes actually I do.. not often and I make sure he's on the other side of the tank. He's used to me for the most part, had him about 1.5 years now.

You make sure he has eaten before your hand goes in the tank too, right?

They are great fish.. This one is wild caught from Ecuador where they are known as Trahira aka "Piranha Eater"..

img_1058770_0_65a4cd35fce10d56c2d6b665538b3463.jpg

I need to make some new videos of him. He's been shy lately so he's not very outgoing at the moment.

What kind of pet store do you buy them at? I never seen one of them a day in my life. That is amazing.

What kind of pet store do you buy them at? I never seen one of them a day in my life. That is amazing.

He's wild caught from Ecuador.. some LFS carry them but none around here.

So if you put your fingers in.. would he really bite them off?

Off.. no.. but if I'm careless and he does bite me it would definitely require stitches.

aquascapeonline.com has them and a bunh of other oddball fish.

Wolf fish are under freshwater/oddball.

Now, I'm the kind of idiot who would put my fingers in, just once, just to see how bad it was. I was the sort of kid who would put my fingers up to earwigs & crabs, lick 9 volt batteries, pee on electric fences, etc., because I had to know for sure. In a way, that tendency has not changed.

By the way, the electric fence thing; it's worse than you think.

Back
Top Bottom