Keeping the "bananas" ????'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I didn't want to hijack the thread so I will ask here.

Does anyone know how you can keep the rhizome "bananas" on the plant after it starts to root? Or has anyone managed to get the rhizomes to return after they were lost? If you have ever propogates them, have you seen the bananas on the new shoots? Have you seen the bananas on new growth but not old rooted growth? Do you think that since the bananas are for nutrient storage that maybe a root tab under the roots might make the rhizome come back as it has a lot of nutrients to them store?

I figured somene would have something to say. Must not be a common plant for aquarist to really try to keep the banana look. Well if I get a couple I will see if I can get some answers. Now I just have to find it locally.

Once mine lose their "bananas", they don't seem to grow back... I have had them propagate via runners, and the baby plants don't have bananas.

Mine are only 8 months old, and the babies are only 1-2 months old, so maybe they take longer than that for the "bananas" to develop?

Someone in another recent thread posted this link with a lot of useful info on this plant.

Back
Top Bottom