Keeping Trumpet Snail Populations Up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Avidon

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've recently noticed loads of assassin snail eggs all over my tank. I don't think I have enough trumpet snails to feed the coming horde. What can I do to get the MTSs to reproduce more quickly? Maybe adding some aquarium salts?

What about taking a fear of the snails out and putting them in a small tub? Every time I do that my snails seem to lay eggs and they do hatch even without a filter or oxygenated water.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What about taking a fear of the snails out and putting them in a small tub? Every time I do that my snails seem to lay eggs and they do hatch even without a filter or oxygenated water.

A few not a fear. Dang autocorrect!

Salts won't help anything, and the snails will balance their own populations over time. No matter how many assassin snails hatch they'll never get all the mts, and they can live just fine on the same leftover food as the other snails.

I didn't think I had a very good population of mts in my tank. Then I recently did a complete aquascape, removed all the substrate and everything. I then realized I had more than enough hahaha.

May the force be with you.

I always find lots of little ones in filters too. They also often clog the intake of a very small pump I use atm to provide feeding current for fan shrimp. The tiny ones get stuck in the grid and I'm always having to scrape them out.

Yea I find them in my filter also.

May the force be with you.

Back
Top Bottom