Keith's Frag Tank / Coral Propagation Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my business license today and added 50 pounds more of dry rock along with another cup of my DT sand. Let the cycle begin!

How are you going to sell? I've been following and love build def interested to see what you are going to keep and sale

How are you going to sell? I've been following and love build def interested to see what you are going to keep and sale

Thanks so much for following and commenting!

Well to start I plan on stocking the frag tank. I will do this by trading frags, purchasing frags/colonies to frag, and cuttings from colonies in my DT. I will probably then list on Craigslist first, along with my website (that so far I've only secured my my domain name lol), and probably eBay. Future plans on some local frag swaps and whatnot to diversify selection. We'll see how it goes :)

Calcium reactor setup after minor issue with ph controller. Dual reactor up and running. Just about everything done, probably need to add another PH and that's it. Now to wait for cycle ha!

The cycle phase is the worst part of keeping a saltwater tank IMO...all that waiting and thing of what it's gonna be, drove me crazy lol glad to here it's going along though

Almost two weeks into my cycle. Got two Chromis in there for the last eight days. All is well except one went thru my overflow, down the durso pipe, and into the sump! Thought it had died but found it swimming in there today (after two days lol) and netted it. Added a light tonight to the 55 and a couple dual head powerheads to the frag tank.

Attachments

• image-2056234280.jpg
    image-2056234280.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 183
  • image-2986864310.jpg
    image-2986864310.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 172
  • image-1700718942.jpg
    image-1700718942.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 188
looks great let me know when you start selling frags

Sure will & thanks again. Gonna probably try moving something hardy over in a few weeks. Maybe some of my GSP or Kenya Tree. What I really need to move over is my birdsnest as its growing so fast & I have no more room in the DT for the frags lol.

Chromis doing great and begging for food like puppies! Added a few snails, hermits, and a Lawnmower Blenny to the tank. Actually threw in a Kenya Tree and GSP that needed to be removed from the DT earlier in the week too. So far everyone is happy & healthy!

Awesome! Pictures!

Edit: how is the blenny? Obnoxious at all?

Thank you kindly!
The Blenny is being pretty shy so far. Every time I'm in the room he hides and watches me lol. I have one in my DT & it is a really cool fish with a great personality. I plan on adding a second on to the 55 gal below the frag tank soon too.

Glad you got through the glass bowing problem!

I thought this build was gonna have some trouble for a while there.

Glad you got through the glass bowing problem!

I thought this build was gonna have some trouble for a while there.

Yeah it's been a roller coaster lol.

On the business side, a little update. I got a few things taken care of in the last few days. Sellers permit & tax ID done. Business license filed. Business cards done & business bank account opened. Applied to a local wholesaler today. Still got more to do and a ways to go until I'm ready to move product but its not a race for the swift its for the one who endures till the end lol.

Last piece of the puzzle added! Finally got all my paperwork in order to apply to a wholesaler in my area and so I purchased a chiller yesterday and just installed it. I had wanted to go with the same drop in coil type I run on my DT but they only sold a flow through one. Initial impression is that this is a great chiller! Quieter than my other and being that the frag room is next to the bedrooms this was a pleasant surprise!

Also three some more Kenya tree and GSP in there and everything's happy so far. Now that I have the temp stable I will start transferring some of my recently fragged birdsnest pieces and see how they do!

Put one of the birdsnest frags I cut last weekend in there. If all looks good I will move over some more soon.

Agreed. Mine is massive. Most of the bottom is just skeleton now just from soaking up all the light up top. It is green tip and green polyp. It's nice, I just want a pink or maroon one or something...been wanting but my tank is just too full ya know?

Back
Top Bottom