kenyi spit egss? not sure why? any help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big.Jon

Aquarium Advice Activist
So kenyi was holding eggs I moved her to a breeding tank. Now after about a week she spit the eggs. This will be her first batch. Wondering what is the deal with the eggs some are kinda clear others are solid colored and darker. Is there anyway I can save these eggs those just hapened about 20 minutes ago. Do you think maybe not all the eggs were fertilized? Any suggestions would be great.

My acei held her first batch for about 2 weeks and spit hers out also. I was told the first time they hold it wouldn't be successful,I really don't know because it hasn't happen again yet. Hopfully somebody with more experience will answer you soon,good luck!!!!!!

there will be very little you can do for the eggs now, its better to leave her to get another batch and get better experience. go on youtube and look up diy egg tumbler, its the only way i can see for you to immitate the mouth brooder tumbling motion when they are incubated in her mouth. also put the temp up to a good 28-30 degrees so they are warm, like being in her mouth.

what do u think you are able to do with them? can u try this, or will u let them get eaten and allow her to try again? x

Back
Top Bottom