Khuli Loach one of my favs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use an iPad now. I don’t get on a computer very often anymore. I don’t see any options to contact anywhere on here.

PWC today. First one on the new 65. So far no sign of melt or algae on the plants. I am using my 2 lights from the 20L and the 29. I have them staggered across the top of the tank, left - right, front - rear. I actually think this will work out better than investing in one 36” long light, this tank is deep. I am using the 24/7 light cycle on both.

I also added 6 new Dwarf Rainbows, 5 female and 1 male. They are pretty small now but already have great iridescence. Kuhils are getting braver in the new tank and the bristle nose, I actually caught out scrounging around.

I’ve had a few limpets make an appearance, but they usually disappear on their own soon. Fish think they are tasty.

I had to reattach a few plants that came loose in the transition, but other than that it’s been smooth sailing...

knock on wood...

They look happy-go-lucky! Worth a try.

The neons might get some exercise :)

At the moment the neons are as big as they are. I got the neon’s over 2 years ago so they aren’t youngsters and I don’t plan on adding anymore.

I guess it all depends on how fast and how big these 2 Angels get. They are sure having fun eating limpets.

Love their names! I couldn't believe when I caught my giant sized Angels eating my Neons. Shock, but I knew it COULD happen. It took a couple years for the Angels to get near the size of my hand.

A year from now if I think the neons are in jeopardy I am totally going to rehome them. And I realize some shrimp will be casualties, but the tank is so heavily planted they have plenty of cover and covered grazing area to avoid being eaten.

I have read that angles can vary greatly in size. Some growing to be 6+ inches and others a little under 4. We’ll just have to keep an eye on them.

I have always loved them but never had a appropriate size tank. I’m hoping they are the same gender. I have no desire to deal with fry.

Well, Lemonade didn’t make it. A few days ago I noticed he wasn’t coming out to feed. Hanging out in one corner alone most of the time. No nipped fins, heavy breathing, discolored gills or fins. Nothing I could spot wrong on him to give me a clue what was going on. Everyone else is active and pigging out. I’ll wait a few months before considering adding another. Sunshine is always patrolling and snacking on limpets. If he continues to thrive I’ll get him a friend later.

Upgrade to my canister filter set up planned today. I have been running my SunSun 302 and 303b on the 65g. The 302 is working but the flow isn’t sufficient for this tall tank. Going to add a HW-3000 today. I will move all my media over and add a bit more. I’ve had the canister running for a few days with a bucket of water just to make sure it works, no leaks. I always get so stressed out when I do something like this.

Back
Top Bottom