Kill cyano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I joined some local forums. Posted an add earlier today and he called me right away that he has some and he's giving it to me. Went to his place and wow!! He's a passionate saltwater hobbiest lol!! 3 big tanks with just frags and his own is a 200 gal :) awesome person:)

Yeah I joined some local forums. Posted an add earlier today and he called me right away that he has some and he's giving it to me. Went to his place and wow!! He's a passionate saltwater hobbiest lol!! 3 big tanks with just frags and his own is a 200 gal :) awesome person:)

Oh crazy. Good thing that theres still good people out there :) pay it forward :) love that movie

image-2457152110.jpg

Went to my fav fish store today and everything was on sale for 20% so I bought these.

How does this work? And how much media do I need to put?

I am not sure of the amount for ROWAphos. I know that the BRS GFO you want enough flow so the GFO looks like it is at a boil. You need much of a pump. Look up GFO flow on youtube there are a lot of videos

I am not sure of the amount for ROWAphos. I know that the BRS GFO you want enough flow so the GFO looks like it is at a boil. You need much of a pump. Look up GFO flow on youtube there are a lot of videos

Rowaphos i only use half of the stuff and keep the rest until i need to change dont want to overdose my tank with it

Whiplash187 said:
Rowaphos i only use half of the stuff and keep the rest until i need to change dont want to overdose my tank with it

Right on. Rowaphos is pretty powerful. I'd only fill the reactor about 1/3 at most. Run it like that and test for PO4 before and again after about 5 days. It's great media. Truly first rate.

Right on. Rowaphos is pretty powerful. I'd only fill the reactor about 1/3 at most. Run it like that and test for PO4 before and again after about 5 days. It's great media. Truly first rate.

Yah really good but need to be careful putting it. Well im stress free from cyano for now. Hope it works for you Daney

Whiplash187 said:
Yah really good but need to be careful putting it. Well im stress free from cyano for now. Hope it works for you Daney

Your words of caution really are very good advice. Everything good in a reef tank happens slowly over time.

Your words of caution really are very good advice. Everything good in a reef tank happens slowly over time.

Aw thanks :) . I just feel there stress about cyano and taking over tanks so frustrating. Well you guys have a joyous christmas cant wait to get deals for corals and inverts. Cheers!

Daney heres the snail that will get me killed sorry no option to put it on pm.

image-3210784731.jpg

Tried scooping it with a plastic cup

Attachments

• image-2684247800.jpg
    image-2684247800.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 110
  • image-560240696.jpg
    image-560240696.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 90
That is scary! Thanks for letting me know. If I were you take it back to the store you bought it from.

I did brought it back today he apologize and he doesnt know they carry poisonous snail so the manager gave me a deal on stuff and told them next time i need to sign a waver form haha. But thank god we both didnt get harpooned by that snail. the good die young! Hahaha

It's been how many days now and my tank looks like its been recovering from cyano. No more red bubbly slime on my rocks and on my sand but i can still see some hair of the cyano which is in dark colour more like black to me. Is this already dying? What do you think?

What I did was less feeding, less light (5hrs), added chaeto to my sump. I haven't hooked up the phosban reactor yet because I've been busy.

Merry christmas :)

How long till I see phosphate coming down? I put 2-3 inches of rowaphos in the phosban 150 this morning

Back
Top Bottom