Kill or cure????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i know its a little smaller but i have a cory with only one eye. He does fine and probably has the best personality out of all my fish. He's been missing his eye for close to a year and there have been no issues.

I named him One eye Willy :)

Aski247 said:
Yeah he will be fine. Just make sure to get him a handcap sticker so he can park upfront at feeding time. Your on the right track with the wc's.

Ha ga love it

Tetra1990 said:
Don't give up on him just yet. You may have to house him alone though so he can get enough to eat.

I have him sectioned off in the tank but he doesn't seem to be able to get to it yet but swimming is getting better! How long will he last without eating?

icathal said:
I have him sectioned off in the tank but he doesn't seem to be able to get to it yet but swimming is getting better! How long will he last without eating?

2-3 weeks

icathal said:
Did you just leave it to heal or do I need to add a treatment?
He has not eaten for a few days hope he eats soon!

I has pulled him from the tank for a couple weeks. Just so he can get his bearings back in order with only one eye. Didn't treat with anything.

Malawi Freak said:
I has pulled him from the tank for a couple weeks. Just so he can get his bearings back in order with only one eye. Didn't treat with anything.

Cool! He managed to get one flake today but spat it out again! Better by the day!

reefdiver said:
If you have shrimp pellets try hand feeding him. Itz goox that ges trying

He never liked flake food but i left 2 cichlid pellets in for a while and he got one after a half hour

Oscars are drama queens, keep that in mind. As was already said, he's probably felling sorry for himself and probably a bit ashamed that he got his tail beat. Even when they're small, oscars have HUGE attitude and egos.

You're on the right track, clean water, no over feeding and let him get over his ego and drama tactics. He'll be fine.

DragonFish71 said:
Oscars are drama queens, keep that in mind. As was already said, he's probably felling sorry for himself and probably a bit ashamed that he got his tail beat. Even when they're small, oscars have HUGE attitude and egos.

You're on the right track, clean water, no over feeding and let him get over his ego and drama tactics. He'll be fine.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, plenty of attitude but that's why they are so great!
Thanks!

So Oscar is doing ok! His bite is a little off but he is eating very well! His fins are growing back quickly and is swimming well, the re-grown bits of fin are a blue/black colour, is that normal? The cavity where his eye was is also this colour, should I get some anti fungal treatment or melafix?

pics would help, but it may just be scar tissue... glad to see he is doing better tho!

oscarchic11 said:
pics would help, but it may just be scar tissue... glad to see he is doing better tho!

It's night time here but il take some pics in the morning and see what you all think.

oscarchic11 said:

Here is a pic, all dark areas are new fin growth.

Attachments

• image-1189813886.jpg
    image-1189813886.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 97
Im not a professional but it looks like just the scar tissue. Can you get any closer pics???

Back
Top Bottom