killed damsels in 2 days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, this hobby does have a lot of varying opinions. I will stand by my opinion of carbon as I learned that from this site!

I do disagree about adding the live rock. I believe that will only help this. It will most likely have additional die off putting more ammonia into the tank but that will help the cycle process continue. The reason I would add it now is-because it MAY have die off! If there is, and there is an ammonia spike, you want that to happen during the cycle, not after adding fish.

Keeping your temp at 78 is correct. You don't, however, have to keep the lights on.

Now you must dig through all the information and figure out for yourself what you want to do. That is the beauty of the web. You will get a lot of opinions and advice from those who have done it before and you will learn yourself. It is funny I say that, because I've not ever had a SW tank myself, I've just done a LOT of reading to get ready for mine (which is purchased, will be a 90g with a 55g sump).

Remember above all else, HAVE FUN! :)

exactly tyhe bacteria won't be killed, the only time it will die is when its in the air. the bacteria will turn the ammonia to nitrite and then to nitrate

Back
Top Bottom