Killer killie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Majbarsalona

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had 3 Longfin zebra danios in my 65gallon tank and upon adding 3 more my golden wonder killiefish quickly gobbled up one but I was able to get him out but he's most likely going to die. The gwk then got another which I saved before any large injury (just large fin nip)

My question is, should I see of my lfs will accept the gwk for store credit or keep it?

It has never shown any aggression to any fish before today

Majbarsalona said:
I had 3 Longfin zebra danios in my 65gallon tank and upon adding 3 more my golden wonder killiefish quickly gobbled up one but I was able to get him out but he's most likely going to die. The gwk then got another which I saved before any large injury (just large fin nip)

My question is, should I see of my lfs will accept the gwk for store credit or keep it?

It has never shown any aggression to any fish before today

Had that issue once. It's not aggression, simply predation. Gwk are like miniature pike. If they can eat it they will. Their mouths are big for their size.

I had four at one stage. They worked through a school of 12 neon tetras in one night. They would swallow bottom feeder pellets whole. Made feeding corydoras a pain. Fun fish but BIG eaters.

. I'm not sure on whether your lfs would take it. Personally, I'd keep it and not buy fish it can swallow cause it will.

I put two in a guppy tank with about forty guppies. There were only 5 left after a week or two.

Back
Top Bottom