Killies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPXnoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
What would be a good size tank for a a plethora of killies? I'm looking onto them and don't know how large I should set up. I'm going to order the eggs of aquabid and raise from fry seeing as I can't find live killies in any of my LFS options.

Your best bet for good quality killies is to find a breeder near you or one who will ship to you. I recommend AKA.org to do serious research about killies. Check local fish clubs and their auctions, as well.

In my opinion, doing the egg thing is a lot of work with little reward. Be sure to research it thoroughly before you decide to go this route.

I had aphyosemion australes. I think they are one of the smallest killies, certainly the prettiest, in my opinion. They can also be kept in relatively small tanks. I had about a dozen of them (both orange and chocolate varieties) in my 16 gallon and probably could've kept more.

The australes are also very peaceful. At one point, I had them in a larger community tank and they did great.

Check the buy/sell here. I think Severum Mama has some.

I was gonna order the off of aquabid.com and just get a variety of them. Single species tanks kind of bore me. Lol.

Some are not compatible. For example, I belive golden wonders will kill the others. Best to do a whole lot of research prior to making any purchase.

Back
Top Bottom