killifish advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxw47

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I am getting 2 new tanks in the next few days. A 2.5 and a 10. The 2.5 is going to be a fry tank for my platies. I was thinking about breeding killifish in the new ten. I was specifically looking into the fundulopanchax gardneri, and only one pair (for now). Because I don't have the tank space, I can't condition them separated, is this step necessary? Also, I have heard that they should only be in the tank together for a 1-2 week breeding period. Is it alright if they are always in the tank together? My plan is to have the ten with the pair be bare bottom with a few breeding mops and maybe a piece of driftwood or something. Every night or two, I would take the breeding mops out and put them in a rubbermaid bin hatching tank and put new mops in the breeding tank(I don't think it is worth the effort to take out all of the eggs by hand). Once the eggs hatch and are free swimming for a few days, they will be moved to a fry grow out tank (probably another rubbermaid bin, just bigger). I probably will not take the mops out every night or two, just when I need fry. Does that all sound good? Please answer the questions if you can and add any additional info or comments. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom