Killing Aiptasia with Lemon Juice Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Petrichor

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just set up a tank for cycling with live rock (yay!) and noticed one of my first denizens of the deep is a little aiptasia (boo!). So three questions:

1. I'd like to try the lemon juice approach, but I have "reconstituted lemon juice" and not concentrate. Is this good enough to use?
  2. Do I need a needle syringe or can an oral syringe be used and just cover the pest in lemony fresh goodness? The anemone is very very small at the moment.
  3. Will this affect my cycle? I literally just started cycling today with a few pounds of live rock and Seachem Stability.

Smaller needle would be better I'd think?? Less material in a more concentrated area

Last edited:
The key with lemon juice is that it is boiling, I'm told at least... The goal is to gather it all into the mouth of the pest anemone. The smallest needle you can get to accomplish such is necessary I would suspect...I've never used anything other than aiptasia x.

Thanks for the replies. I'll just put an order in for Aiptasia-X as I've had nothing but good results with that.

Back
Top Bottom