Kio707 tank 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jlsardina said:
I see the beta getting closer and closer to the inverts in each shot. Any losses yet?

None... Cleaner is always next to him, plus he follows me around when I'm close to the tank. I've only seen the beta eat the frozen food I put in there.

Kio707 said:
None... Cleaner is always next to him, plus he follows me around when I'm close to the tank. I've only seen the beta eat the frozen food I put in there.

That's great to hear. Congrats!!

Jlsardina said:
I see the beta getting closer and closer to the inverts in each shot. Any losses yet?

Lol! Great, nice job Kio. I'm really happy for ya man!:D

Although my inverts lasted past the hypo, I found my peppermint shrimp did not survive the re raising. Found them both dead this morning... So I retract my earlier statement. Inverts can not survive the hypo process...

Kio707 said:
Although my inverts lasted past the hypo, I found my peppermint shrimp did not survive the re raising. Found them both dead this morning... So I retract my earlier statement. Inverts can not survive the hypo process...

Sorry :(. At least you know for future times.

Well, by Wednesday everyone will be in the DT. That's 2 weeks in QT with no issues and everyone eating ok... No issues in DT either. Tang is every where now. Even the goby comes out to explore. I missed this part of the hobby...

Guys are going in DT today. Acclimating now.

Last edited:
Well the yellow tang a naso are going at it. Seen the yellow lift the naso a couple of times. Am I a (explicit word) if I decide to put the yellow in the 60g???

Kio707 said:
Well the yellow tang a naso are going at it. Seen the yellow lift the naso a couple of times. Am I a (explicit word) if I decide to put the yellow in the 60g???

No you wouldnt be! Do it and put him in timeout! That should help IMO. did you turn out the lights, feed, rearrange scape..ect?

Is it constant fighting or just when they get in eachothers way? My tangs bicker some times one tip jsardina gave me is an algae clip per tang . It did help a little.

Probably just territorial issues and they will settle it. But if it is excessive, definitely separate. If not, wait it out and see.

I sure hope you're good with only 2 weeks in the QT.

Let me put it this way- yellow tangs would be happy if the worst name I had for them was jerk. They are bullies. Try adding another veggie clip if they fight when u come by the tank. If they were just added- they will fight for about 3 days til they claim their caves and other areas. Is it sporadic or is the yellow seeking out the naso?

Checked this morning. Still flashing, but naso doesn't seem stressed. Put two veggie clips in there. They were swimming together, but the yellow started bumping the naso. Both ate fine, no issues there. I changed the aqua scape. Just a pissing contest right now.

This may sound funny. But you can get what I call a time out bubble. Its a gerbil ball. A big plastic clear ball. With lots of holes. But that in the with the fish in it. It works they settle down when they get out. Don't know why but they do.

Lumis said:
This may sound funny. But you can get what I call a time out bubble. Its a gerbil ball. A big plastic clear ball. With lots of holes. But that in the with the fish in it. It works they settle down when they get out. Don't know why but they do.

Do you take it out and let him take a stroll around the house too? Lol.

That is a great idea though! Do they make gerbil balls big enough? I guess they probably do.

Gboy66 said:
Do you take it out and let him take a stroll around the house too? Lol.

That is a great idea though! Do they make gerbil balls big enough? I guess they probably do.

A big one costs about 30. My ferrets loved them

Back
Top Bottom