Kio707 tank 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was thinking of moving the yellow till I sold it. He's finally calmed down a lil, but that purple is beautiful.

Kio707 said:
Was thinking of moving the yellow till I sold it. He's finally calmed down a lil, but that purple is beautiful.

I agree, Purple Tangs are definitely high on the list of my favorite fish.

If you did keep the Yellow and buy the Purple, there may be a chance that they could coexist since the Purple would be added after the Yellow. I know that there is a good possibility that that would not work, but it is just a theory that I thought of. :)

Kio707 said:
Saw a purple tang today. Anyone got any experience with them?

Moderately aggressive. Not a good idea to be kept with a yellow tang or any other tang with the same body shape unless introduced at the same time. Mine is pretty peaceful as he is the smallest all of my tangs.

redsea said:
I agree, Purple Tangs are definitely high on the list of my favorite fish.

If you did keep the Yellow and buy the Purple, there may be a chance that they could coexist since the Purple would be added after the Yellow. I know that there is a good possibility that that would not work, but it is just a theory that I thought of. :)

The yellow tang is much more aggresive than the purple! If you want to try it- move the yellow into a different tank for a little bit and then add both at the same time.

Also- my purple will show a few signs of Ich anytime I add a tang. Just something to remember. Fortunately, signs disappear in a day or so and don't come back

One last thing- if you are going to keep multiple tangs- be sure to have plenty of rockwork and plenty of veggie clips with a constant supply of seaweed. Some people argue that a seaweed stuffed tang is a peaceful tang and I have to agree with this

K. I'll move the yellow to the 60 for a min. My naso is getting better. It'll be the last fish in the 150g. It's about 4.5". It'll be the biggest tang. Really considering it. I'll also get more veggie clips. Tnx for all the advice.

Kio707 said:
K. I'll move the yellow to the 60 for a min. My naso is getting better. It'll be the last fish in the 150g. It's about 4.5". It'll be the biggest tang. Really considering it. I'll also get more veggie clips. Tnx for all the advice.

Little bit being a few days to a week. Sorry. Lol

Jlsardina said:
Little bit being a few days to a week. Sorry. Lol

K, so a few days will be ok in the 60? Or week? Lol... Either one is good...

Week is best. This makes him forget the territory so when reintroduced with the purple no one has claimed dominance

Jlsardina said:
Week is best. This makes him forget the territory so when reintroduced with the purple no one has claimed dominance

Will I be over stocked? Emperor, naso, 2 clowns, beta, yellow watchmen, engineer, and a purple? Seems like a lot?

Congrats on your new fish! Are they for the 60g (didn't see them on the list you posted afterwards)?

Yeah... 60 gallon? Two tangs might be an issue in a 60. One really is because of the short length.

Back
Top Bottom