Kissing Gourami constipation problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eh forget it, I just fed them, and that neon decided to jump out of my net back to hang with his buddies, so lets see how he does, Im going to pop some more food down there to see if that neon eats, if not, tomorrow Im going to go get some live blood worms from the newly opened pet shop in town, and well see if he eats.

Thanks for your help so far guys, its been a real help, especially you Zagz.

Good luck and keep us posted. I am absolutely curious how they make out, I hope it works out for the best. I hate when fish are sick.

Your gourami' fins may be just fine with good water conditions. How long has it been since you noticed his fins deteriorating?

If there is no improvement in about a week after you first saw the problem with the fins, I would definitely try some meds. Also, you do know that kissing gouramis can get to 12", right?

I have to say I noticed it a month ago, but it looks the same. That neon got caught in the filter, I an something told me to wake up and check, and he was in there, *sigh* hes still alive back in the net, just barely.

Yeah I know they can grow very big, I also have pictus cats in there, two of em. Im planning very soon to get a 100 gallon+ tank.

Anyways, I saw the gourami pooing, so I know hes good, I just need to wait for that angel! I put them back on flake food last night though.

I wouldn't add meds if the fins are exactly the same, just keep the water conditions pristine and see how he does with his fins.

No, some of his right and tailfin mass are gone, his left side, dorsal and bottom fins are perfect.

I bought the tubafex worms, and the little neon didnt eat them (the one that got stuck in the filter two times). Hes unstable as of now, more of his fin mass got unfortunately ripped off, so Im going to do a water change tomorrow and keep this tank is as close to perfect condition as possible.

Hes still persuing to live, so I need to do whatever I can to help him out. He doesnt want to die.

Back
Top Bottom