Kribensis community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michael15

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone,
So after awhile of only having 3 Nerite snails, a couple of plants, and about 6 cherry shrimp in my 20 gallon. I think its about time I add a little more movement and color to spark things up a bit. I love the idea of having a breeding pair of Kribs in my tank with other community fish but after reading the horror stories online about how territorial a pair of Kribensis with fry get I had a quick change of plans. I have settled on getting one female Kribensis but I'm not to sure on what tankmates to get. I was thinking about 10 either Ember tetras or Harlequin rasbora and for the bottom level about 10 Khuli loaches or 8 Panda cories. I do have one some what major problem. The tap water in my area has a Ph of 8.2 and I'm wondering will this affect my fish because I can go and get some more drift wood and black water extract.

It all depends on the fish. Ive had mine with silver dollars and for the past 6 month it been in my planted tank with different rainbows, denison barbs, snake skin barbs, red tail shark, a flying fox and a white skirt tetra. I took it out of my cichlid tank because it didnt get along with them but its does fine in my other tanks....go figure.

Back
Top Bottom