Kribensis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman94

Aquarium Advice Freak
How big do kribensis need to be before u can breed them???

I already have a male just under 4" long

Aspencer said:
He is either an adult or very close to an adult so he is ready to breed.

What is the minimum size for a female breed???

I think my female was about 2 1/2 inches, my male 3 when I got them. They started breeding within a week.

LyndaB said:
I think my female was about 2 1/2 inches, my male 3 when I got them. They started breeding within a week.

I got a female today she is about 2 inches

If the male is double her size, watch for trouble. He may attack her in his zeal to spawn.

LyndaB said:
If the male is double her size, watch for trouble. He may attack her in his zeal to spawn.

They are in different tanks at the moment would it be better if I wait for her to get bigger?

You may be able to keep her in the main tank, providing you give her LOTS of hiding spaces. What else is in the tank? What size tank?

LyndaB said:
You may be able to keep her in the main tank, providing you give her LOTS of hiding spaces. What else is in the tank? What size tank?

She is in a 2ftx15inx15in with 2 albino bristlenoses, lots of adult zebra danios,and 12 corydoras

Ok, I "think" you have about a 20 gallon tank. Wow. In my humble opinion, this tank is going to be too small, given your existing stock, for the kribs to breed without really attacking the other species. You've got a whole lotta fish in there for that size tank. The kribs are not going to feel they have a place to raise their young. They will either a) eat all their fry/eggs or b) tear apart whatever fish are in their zone.

LyndaB said:
Ok, I "think" you have about a 20 gallon tank. Wow. In my humble opinion, this tank is going to be too small, given your existing stock, for the kribs to breed without really attacking the other species. You've got a whole lotta fish in there for that size tank. The kribs are not going to feel they have a place to raise their young. They will either a) eat all their fry/eggs or b) tear apart whatever fish are in their zone.

I have another tank I'm going to use for breeding

STOP CONFUSING ME!!!! :D

Then why are we talking about this tank?

You're going to have the kribs in their own tank, all the time, by themselves?

I need an aspirin......

LyndaB said:
STOP CONFUSING ME!!!! :D

Then why are we talking about this tank?

You're going to have the kribs in their own tank, all the time, by themselves?

I need an aspirin......

When she's big enough I'll move them to a different tank (tank is same size) so there both on new territory

Trust me, kribs don't spawn on your schedule, they spawn because they can. Anytime. Anywhere. I don't think your plan is going to work. Also, the new territory thing won't matter much.

LyndaB said:
Trust me, kribs don't spawn on your schedule, they spawn because they can. Anytime. Anywhere. I don't think your plan is going to work. Also, the new territory thing won't matter much.

They can't spawn if there not together!

I swear I'm going to have to find out where you live :banghead:

Okay, maybe you really need to spell it out for me here......

1) what size tank and with what other fish will the male reside?

2) what size tank and with what other fish will the female reside?

Back
Top Bottom