krill question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought some frozen krill today at my lfs. its basically these cubes full of them. you can thaw em and drop in in.

my serpaes went nuts. little piranahs they were...! and my balck molly and clown loaches were crazy about them too.

and then i was reading something about krill/flake mixtures. its said these mixes (the kind you give as flake food - ) were no longer harmful to the fishes digestive tracts...

8O

does that mean what i just gave my fishies migth hurt them?? (since it wasnt this flake type thing - it was just real krill)

man i hope not... 8O

anyone??

in case the question is fuzzy - im asking if the frozen krill could have been damaging to the digestive tracts of my fish - i read something about the spikes being a problem while digesting.

and then i thought maybe my fish are too small to be eating krill...

JBL makes this 20% krill-flake mixture that they say is safe for fish because the spikes are gone..

so. made me wonder if what i fed mine is dangerous.

is my question too stupid to answer...?? :D :D :wink:

Nope Diva, it's very good question. There is always a potential risk when feeding fish anything. I don't think you hurt your fish by feeding frozen krill, but I wouldn't make it a steady diet. The shell may be very tough to digest for fish of that size.

Back
Top Bottom