L007 update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtnee

Aquarium Advice Freak
Update on my L007 I rescued.

Still have to name him. We have been calling him Suck-A-Lux Jr. since our other plec is Suck-A-Lux heh.

He is still alive so far. His eye is clouding over some what compared to before. I realize the eye may not heal and he may lose an eye. I will have 2 one eyed plecos but that is okay. I still love them.

He is sulking in the same spot in the tank. I have continued to keep the lights off for him and will do so until he gets better.

He won't go get food. I have to feed him (last few days I tried to let him go get it). This morning I took an eyedropper to give him bloodworms again as the other day I gave him only a few.

He almost sucked them right out of the eyedropper. He was hungry. He didnt leave any behind. I gave him a sinking pellet too that he sucked on.

Next is to try an algae waffer just to get him something else. I think soon I will introduce some veggies for him. I know he likes bloodworms so that is what I am using to make sure he eats for now.

He is in his own little world but hanging on. He doesn't seem to mind me at all. I am sure it is because he is sick. The other day though he would follow me from one side of the tank to the other as I walked back and forth. Now he just sits right on the side I am sitting by often at my computer.

He is so cute and glad he has made it this far!

I'm glad to hear your pleco is hanging in there. When I had a pitbull pleco, I gave him broccoli stalks and zucchini to eat. He loved them! You can see pics of him eating the veggies in my gallery.

Great to hear he is hanging on. I think a zucchini would be a great idea to add to the tank. Stick it low to the bottom and he should munch on it.

Thanks all. He is on a good diet of bloodworms. We tried a little shrimp this morning and he wasn't for that. He just wanted his bloodworms so he got them. I am removing "food" as a stressor in his life and plumping him up as suggested from another site. Keep the food and protein in him to help him heal faster. It is nice to feed him with a eyedropper and watch him eat so no food is left over to rot.

He is looking much better. His eye is not as clouded today and appears to be healing a little. He still moves that eye.

courtnee, great deal on the L007! He's beautiful, even if he only ends up with one eye! I know you're keeping a close eye one perams, so I have a feeling that he will thrive with you. Good luck!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom