L046 pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're looking after them just fine I just wanted a bit of info on them that's all

Just being honest, seriously I'm not just saying things to annoy - I've kept Clowns for a while and I can only spot my Clown sometimes by a long poop coming out from below a log, in a tank your size your going to have stress and heartache at some point if your fish start to die. My Clown Bubba, eats and poops - that's it. You might have been better with a small group of Pygmy Cory for your tank.

Attachments

• image-2241231319.jpg
    image-2241231319.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I'm sorry if you don't like what I said and if you want to ignore it go right a head. It's about being negative it's about what your fish needs. If you aren't giving your fish proper care than someone on here is going to say so.

I said what I said because it's the truth. If you want to go on and keep your fish in this tank that's totally up to you but you've been told by several people that it's not going to work and you very well may kill your fish, perhaps all of them.

I'll leave this thread now because I've said all there is that needs to be said. I'm sorry if you take this as negative. This site is here to help point people in the right direction and try to help people provide the best care they can for their fish. Sometimes people hear things they don't like. In the end all we can do is give some great info on what we know and hope that you take that advice and put it to use.

We're looking after them just fine I just wanted a bit of info on them that's all

which you've been given, it's just not what you wanted to hear. All of this info has told you you're not caring for them just fine. Would keeping a dog in a tiny crate in it's own waste be just fine?? How is a fish any different?

JadeandScott said:
There's always one person that pipes up negative stuff.
Beginning to dislike this app now...

You're going to have to learn to accept negative stuff. We can't sugar coat it for you. Your tank is overstocked and I wouldn't add anymore. Tam Tam made a good point there and I personally don't think you should add any fish until you have a 30+ at least . You need to be doing water changes like 30% every other day.

Everything is doing just fine :)

Really? Because according to all of your recent threads it's not. You've been battling various illness with your Molly. Posting about ich, black spot, swim bladder disease. It's time you look at the big picture and realize something needs to change

You people just don't stop do you? For your information I have the API test kit the water is fine. The Molly is now also fine it was constipated even though everyone on here told me it was pregnant.Lol I aren't gna post on here anymore as my tank is doing good as are the fish. I like this app as I enjoy reading other ppls posts n learning more. But there is such thing as being too keen n nasty, cya x

You people just don't stop do you? For your information I have the API test kit the water is fine. The Molly is now also fine it was constipated even though everyone on here told me it was pregnant.Lol I aren't gna post on here anymore as my tank is doing good as are the fish. I like this app as I enjoy reading other ppls posts n learning more. But there is such thing as being too keen n nasty, cya x

People can only give suggestions. People here may have said your fish is pregnant but it's hard to be sure when no one can see the fish themselves. Simply going on what you have said they gave the best suggestion they could offer.

Like we said, we can't change your mind just tell you what we know and hope you listen. You want to keep your fish in this set up that's your choice but your fish are not going to meet their full life span. They may not die now or even a month or 2 from now but if they stay in the set up they are in they will not reach their full potential, that's a fact. You water conditions may as well be fine now, but as time passes that will change as well.

I'm sorry you don't like what you are hearing but this stuff comes from people with YEARS and years of experience with a great love for fish. These people know what they are talking about but if you don't want to listen fine. Just don't expect people to sit by and not say that you are hurting your fish.

Rude and bickering posts have been deleted. Further rude posts will result in thread closure.

There's always one person that pipes up negative stuff.
Beginning to dislike this app now...

Aquarium Advice is not simply an app. It is a fishkeeping forum, and the app is just an extension of the site.

Sorry, but attempting to keep a clown pleco, or ANY pleco whatsoever, in a 6 gallon tank throughout its lifespan is not a good idea. The folks here trying to help you have nothing to gain by giving you bad advice. The fish store gets to sell you more fish when you lose fish.

I can almost 100% guarantee you that neither the molly nor the pleco will do fine in the long term. These fish have a lifespan of several years with proper care. They also have quite a large bioload relative to their size. I am assuming you have never seen an adult molly, because a lot of people never have (you won't see fully grown adults at most shops), but they get quite a bit larger than most people think.

With only a couple of exceptions, which have been deleted, most of the people in this thread are not being rude to you. Many of us started off the same way in the hobby- with a tank that is stocked totally inappropriately. It is up to you, of course, whether you are going to heed the advice of others that are trying to save you the frustration of losing your fish. At best, you'll be fighting an uphill battle with water quality once the fish start to get some size on them and their bioload increases to the point that the biological filter simply becomes overwhelmed.

This is a public forum and everyone has the right to post his or her opinion in a thread.

Don't delete this thread. It has a large amount of great information, advice, and opinions that could greatly help a new and even some not-so-new people to this hobby. This is an amazing example of do's and do not's and shouldn't be taken away because people told you how to care for your pets and you decided not to listen. If you don't want to be involved in this anymore than you can easily stop your notifications of this thread and and even more easily just plain stop looking at it.

JadeandScott said:
I will figure out how to do it myself no probs

I reccomend you buy from craigslist when you upgrade, it's much cheaper

Members can't delete threads. I'll go ahead and close it per OP request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom