Last Minute CO2 Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RadMax8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alrighty guys,

I should be getting everything I need tomorrow in the mail to set up an awesome CO2 system. I just have a few questions so I can assemble my stuff as soon as possible after work tomorrow (jeez I sound like a little kid...).

Increased CO2 dissolved in the water changes pH. Should I start off very slowly to acclimate my fish?

Will CO2 affect my invertibrates? My dKH is typically 3-4 and my dGH is 7-8.

When doing water changes, how do I avoid pH swings since my water coming out contains minimal CO2?

Thanks in advance!

I would start at with something like 1 bubble per second and work up from there. Just keep an eye on the drop checker color.
I have snails and an Amano shrimp and they do not appear to be affected by the CO2.
Honestly, I have not factored in pH differences during water changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would start at with something like 1 bubble per second and work up from there. Just keep an eye on the drop checker color.
I have snails and an Amano shrimp and they do not appear to be affected by the CO2.

+1 to all, I do a 50% wc towards the end of the photoperiod and it doesn't seem to phase the feesh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1 as well. I kept Crystal red shrimp with co2 and they were fine. And my ph is almost always stable after water changes, etc.

Sent with my fingers

Co2 off gases overnight and the pH returns to its usual.

The pH swing is never a big one so i dont think it worries the fish

I have read that pH changes from CO2 doesn't affect fish.

Thanks for calming my worries! You guys all have such nice tanks, so I know I'm getting good advice!

Back
Top Bottom