Lawn mower blenny starving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwaterman

Aquarium Advice Regular
What should I do? He's been starving for about 2-3 day now and his stomach is pinched in so much. All he does is lay on the sand under a rock tilted a bit.

Try target feeding, use a turkey baster or pipette and load it with some thawed food (brine shrimp or mysis shrimp as they tend to get a good feeding response) pellet food may also work and if you can soak the food in garlic. Then just stick the baster or pipette in the blennies face and slowly squirt a little bit out right at him. My starry blenny went on a hunger strike and this worked to get him eating again, you may have to try some different foods to see what he prefers. Mine liked spirulina enriched brine shrimp.

The Blenny won't eat meat items they are purely herbivore try a sea weed clip with red ALGEA on it other wise get him into a tank with some ALGEA in it

Thanks everyone. But my hermit craps got a hold of him and started to eat him. This sucks. But I. The other hand I should of read up on him a lot more before I bought him since they are very picky eaters and need a well established tank.:(

Madreefer420 said:
The Blenny won't eat meat items they are purely herbivore try a sea weed clip with red ALGEA on it other wise get him into a tank with some ALGEA in it

They will eat meat, mine does. It's not a regular food item but he loves spirulina enriched brine shrimp. Other than eating algae in the tank he will will only eat those spirulina brine, won't take pellets or nori but loves those shrimp.

Bizzar I have had mine since young and he has gotten quite large
Now but never has he eaten meaty items soaked it nits upload its
Good if he will eat the meat

Back
Top Bottom