Lazy Lazy Assassins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It still hasn't moved anywhere. If it wasn't for the door slightly opening and closing, I'd say it was dead. I might take it out and put it into a small tub of freshwater to see if it comes out.

I've heard that just before a snail is about to die they act like that. They slow down or just don't move at all. I hope this isn't the case though.

That's true..I've seen this happen with my nerites but this stage has never lasted quite this long. I would definitely be surprised if it made a comeback at this point though :(

I'm sorry. If my snail Gary started acting like this I would freak out.

Miracles happen. Maybe he will make a surprising comeback.

It may well still be eating if it is still alive. I don't know when or what, but it's possible. Not being able to see it makes it hard to know. You might try moving if haven't already and see what it does then.

Still hasn't moved :(
How can I check to see this isn't dead?

Also, if the shell door is closed tightly, you know it's still alive. If it's kind of loose, it may be dead.

Also, if you pick up the snail and the shell door opens up, and mush spills out. It's dead. If it's been dead long enough, that can happen. Gross, right?

Also, if the shell door is closed tightly, you know it's still alive. If it's kind of loose, it may be dead.

Also, if you pick up the snail and the shell door opens up, and mush spills out. It's dead. If it's been dead long enough, that can happen. Gross, right?

The door is loose when when you poke it, it shuts tight.

It must be getting on for about 5 or 6 weeks now :/

All the others are OK.

Maybe it's disabled. You'd think it would starve to death by now!

Yesterday the snail door was open more than usual but it didn't react to any nudging at all. I was pretty certain it was dead. Today its gone, no idead where, so maybe its still alive :)

Back
Top Bottom