LAZY Rainbow Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doberman15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
He literally lays there all day. He'll laying against the building in an upright position, then he'll sneak through the little hole when something interests him, just to make a lap around the tank and head back to lay back down.

He had another cave a few months ago that I've since taken out of the tank, it was too big and ugly. Plus he was the only resident allowed to enjoy it! I'm assuming this is normal behavior for him to just lay down like this? Never seen a fish literally laying down all the time. When he isnt in his lazy mode he seems to swim fine. He eats and is active. When another fish swims into his little house or near it he darts out to attack.

Thoughts?

Rainbow Shark.jpg

That's an odd position! Have you checked your parameters recently? Is he getting picked on? Any other odd behavior or is he acting ill?

Parameters are all good. He's definitely the one doing the picking if anything. When he makes his lap around the tank he makes sure to nip at a couple cichlids to remind them that he's around. He doesnt appear to be ill. He's eating every time I feed and remains active with a lap every 20-30 minutes around the tank.

Back
Top Bottom