Leaking tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MossyOakMama

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 46 gallon bow front. I noticed that on the top where the plastic trim is on the glass I have noticed to water lines. Each of these r where the small space is. I clean it and it comes back. The water level is way low due to fish less cycle. Has anyone else had this problem and how did u fix it? Any help r insight would b a great help. Thank u. :) MOM
That is the left side and right side.
I put some aquarium silicon on it, but looks like I didn't put it in the right spot.

Attachments

• image-2311695023.jpg
    image-2311695023.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 96
  • image-2487234491.jpg
    image-2487234491.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 79
I have the same tank. Is the center brace intact on yours? That's the most important thing IMO.

If you actually have a leak at that spot, then it's leaking from under the trim, which isn't really that big of a deal as long as you don't fill it all the way. I'd think you could probably fix that with some silicone up under the trim (as close as you can get it, anyway), from the inside of the tank.

You don't want to just put silicone on the WOODEN trim!!! Later in the future, the wood will rot as water is tropes between the cracks meaning that you only patched it temporarily!

It's not real wood. I will put some inside and make sure I got it covered really well. Thanks for all of your help.

aqua hobbyist said:
You don't want to just put silicone on the WOODEN trim!!! Later in the future, the wood will rot as water is tropes between the cracks meaning that you only patched it temporarily!

The trim is not wooden in any way, shape, or form.

My 30 gallon has this problem, too. Slightly leaky trim. Even when the water is low, I think because of evaporation. But mine is made worse by being a very high end brackish tank, almost full salt. So, I get salt creep from hell dripping down in one spot. I think I may try silicone as well!

Silicone worked. I ran a bead on the outside and made sure it got up in the edge of trim. No water leaking as of now. :)

Back
Top Bottom