Least smelling cichlid food Please !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amydaveg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know which food does not smell and make my whole room smell.

I have a 125 gallon tank with 2 x fluval 306, one sun sun 404b , and one 302 b. The 302 is full of carbon and purigen. The other filters are mostly biomedia (marine hd ) and foam. I also have a uv light 16w I think.

The tank is probably overstocked , but I can't seem to get that fish food smell away.

I mostly feed them food with minimal preservatives from a local fish shop.

(Yourfishstuff.com)

The ingredients are better than the commercial brands, but maybe that's why it smells

I also have to use krill for my Arowana , but besides that, I would love a food that doesn't smell.

I just ordered a few Hikari foods (food sticks/gold/and bio+)

Any suggestions?

I have another filter to add, but I doubt it will help. Should I add another filter with just filter floss? I have another sun sun 302b.

Water parameter are perfect 0/0/10. Water is crystal clear.

I do a 40% water change weekly , and have a sand bottom tank.

Thanks for any help.

In all honesty carbon isn't needed, except for when removing medications, or odor. Other wise useless Imo. What is your current stocking for your tank. Also are you planning to upgrade for your arowana.

I always use new life spectrum and swear by the stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I didn't use carbon until it stated to smell. Now I have a pound in there at a time.

I need another tank , but didn't plan any upgrades.

My fish don't tend to eat the nls pellets. I do have the sinking pellets from them to feed my bottom feeders

Seems like there might be some other issues going on. How often are you cleaning filters? Also, when I asked about upgrading is because a 125g isn't nearly large enough for an arowana long-term.

Back
Top Bottom