Leave Shipped Plants in bag for another day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raife

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone. just joined as I had a question. I order my initial plants from 2 different stores (based on packages available). The smaller order showed up today and I am expecting the bigger order tomorrow.

Question: Can I keep the plants that arrived today packaged for another day (I believe they were shipped Thursday (now Tuesday evening).

If not, what is the best way to "wait" till tomorrow to do the full planting? just put them in the tank?

It is a new tank that I am still working through the fishless cycle process (about a week in).

Thank you!

Go ahead and plant them or just let them float in the tank for now. Take time to look them over for hitchhikers and algae before putting them in your tank. You should also trim them up by removing dead or dying leaves and prune the roots back to allow for new growth. This is only if the plants arrived in good condition. If they look in rough shape then I recommend planting immediately after inspection.

Sometimes I’ll put mine from auction in a bucket for a day. Common for me to have impulse plant buys sit in bags for few days and tend to think it doesn’t do them much good. Not sure why.

Back
Top Bottom