Leaving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I was listening to what people had to say. It was the WAY they did it that was unnecessary. If I can't bump then how will people see my thread and reply?

You post your thread and people will respond as they see it. We have times where it is slow and times when alot of folks are on. Weekends are a good example of slowtimes. It`s just that way. Post your question and wait for a response. When I say bumping I`m talking about a useless post with no information. If you can make a post with some new info then by all means BTW here is the rule

Participants may not bump threads unnecessarily. Bumping is posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bait others.

Participants may not bump threads unnecessarily. Bumping is posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bait others.

But sometimes it's sensible I would think. Quite often when I'm googling a particular topic it will come up with a thread on this site. If the existing thread already matches what I want to discuss then surely it's sensible to reply to that thread rather than create a duplicate? In that way others can see the information given by other posters too.

There's also the situation where someone has asked for advice and later, perhaps months down the line wants to report back progress.

Bumping and adding new info are 2 different things.

The term "bumping" refers to non-informative posts, such as "TTT", or "Bump", or "+1", etc. Finding an old thread and adding experiences, updates, new information, etc is not considered bumping and is allowed.

Bumping and adding new info are 2 different things.

The term "bumping" refers to non-informative posts, such as "TTT", or "Bump", or "+1", etc. Finding an old thread and adding experiences, updates, new information, etc is not considered bumping and is allowed.

(y)

An example of a bump would be someone selling a tank and gets no takers after a day. So they post the word "bump" the next day to get their thread back to the top of the list (TTT). That is unacceptable and we will delete the post (sending the thread back down).

The mods have done an excellent job explaining what is acceptable and what is not. We have also got off topic from the original poster was seeking. We hope that your found what you was looking for and will not want to leave. What ever you decide Good luck with it. This thread is being locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom