LED Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwampeastMike

Aquarium Advice Activist
Am working on a large (160-galon) new tank and am curious about lighting as I've never used anything more complicated than Aquari-Lux fluorescent tubes.

I'll have a mix of real and plastic plants.

Fully spectrum using three different colored LEDs in the fixture seems the way to go, correct? They seem inexpensive.

More money seems to only get gimmicks and gadgets. I have no desire to be able to change light color and a remote seems silly as I'll just put them on a timer like I've always done.

The "dawn and sunset" feature on many also seems to be nothing but a gimmick. Is that correct?

I have 2 full spec lights (finnex and fluval) that have remotes. I personally never use all the functions, pretty much on, off and night lights. I got them 2nd hand, they work great, but i personally would have never paid that much for a light with all those extra features that I'll never use. Just my 2 cents

On the other hand, I love my Beamswork da and ea model full spec lights. I have a marineland full spec I'm not crazy about, and several aqueon and Nicrew that I like too, but they're not fs

Back
Top Bottom